Environmental Consultant – Contaminated Land
Enviroguide Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic, multi-tasker to join our contaminated land team and to support the continued growth of the company. The role will be based in our Dublin office.
The role will be based in our Dublin office
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and coordination of projects to ensure project and client requirements are achieved.
- Report writing and preparing other technical deliverables including tenders/proposals.
- Design and completion of site investigation and monitoring programmes including engaging contractors where required and ensuring H&S compliance.
- Site supervision of drilling crews, logging of trial pits and boreholes, soil sampling and monitoring.
- Preparing geological and hydrogeological/hydrological assessments for a range of projects including EIAr.
- Undertaking contaminated land and hydrogeological risk assessments (GQRA/DQRA) including design of remediation strategies.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with clients and contribute to winning new work.
- Prioritise project actions to meet client commitments on an ongoing basis and take responsibility for quality and completion of work.
- Supervise and mentor junior
- Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Engineering with a Masters Degree preferable.
- Minimum 5+ years’ demonstrable experience in a consultancy or comparable industry setting.
- Strong background in contaminated land site assessment including site characterisation, conceptual site model development and GQRA/DQRA for a range of sites and contaminant issues.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrable experience of site investigation methodologies.
- Extensive experience of preparing and reviewing waste classification assessments.
- Multi-tasker with the ability and experience to work independently and manage multiple projects of varying scope and scale including simultaneously manage and supervise contractors and sub-consultants on a range of projects.
- Knowledge of Irish and EU environmental legislation and industry best practice standards / guidelines required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing.
- Strong working knowledge of GIS and environmental modelling software preferable.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office.
- Chartered Professional accreditation with IGI, IEI, CIWEM or equivalent preferable.
- Full Clean Driving Licence required.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org