Landfill Environmental Engineer -find out more
Enviroguide Consulting is a Dublin based environmental, waste management and planning consultancy providing services to both the public and private sectors nationwide. The company provides an extensive range of specialist services in the fields of environmental compliance and regulation, EIA, quality and environmental management systems, waste management and planning.
The company is seeking to recruit a qualified Environmental Engineer with Landfill experience who also has experience within the wider waste management industry to meet the demand for the company’s growing range of services. The successful candidate will be required to work on projects in the areas of waste management and regulatory compliance and will be required to fulfil the role of on-site Landfill Environmental Engineer providing environmental management, licence compliance and management of environmental monitoring at an EPA licenced facility. Experience in these areas is an essential requirement, site specific training will be provided. The role will be based in County Cavan with some travelling likely to be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will take on a role within the company’s Waste & Environmental team, reporting to the Environmental Director.
The successful candidate will hold the following credentials:
- A primary degree or higher in Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Professional membership to the IEMA, CIWEM or CIWM (Chartered membership to the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management will be an advantage)
- Experience in environmental management at waste management facilities. (Completion of training courses in this area is desirable).
- Experience in landfill gas and leachate management systems, infrastructure and monitoring (training/qualifications in this area is desirable).
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in management of personnel
- Experience liaising with regulatory authorities
- Management experience in the areas of environmental and quality management and project management. Experience in managing, implementing or auditing Environmental and Quality Management Systems is desirable.
- An excellent understanding of European and Irish environmental legislation.
- A thorough working knowledge in the areas of waste management, EPA licence compliance and waste management permit compliance.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, SCADA technology, landfill gas and leachate monitoring equipment (site specific training will be provided). Experience using weather station software and FID/laser gas detection equipment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in managing Occupational Health and Safety on site
- Experience using Autocad software and Surveying equipment desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Carry out daily environmental management duties at an EPA licenced closed landfill facility undergoing restoration and aftercare
- Manage all aspects of environmental compliance at a landfill facility including management of sub-contractors, project management, all aspects of compliance with EPA licence conditions, all environmental monitoring and reporting obligations, reporting to the senior management team on site issues and liaise with the regulatory authorities.
- Manage an ISO 14001:2015 accredited Environmental Management System and maintain accreditation through upkeep of the system and co-ordination of external certification audits.
- Contribute on various environmental, waste management and planning projects (e.g. EIA, waste licence/permit applications, environmental reporting, compliance services etc.)
- Deliver high quality work within project deadlines and within budget.
- Travel. Own transport and a full clean drivers licence will be required.
Please send your CV to email@example.com