Principal Environmental Consultant – Projects Department
Enviroguide Consulting has a requirement for an experienced Principal Environmental Consultant to join our expanding team and cater to the continued growing demand for our services. We are currently providing services to the public and private sectors including to pharmaceutical, EPA licenced, technological, property development, construction and waste industries.
This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to our clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Project management of and contribution on the following projects: Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Reports, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement, environmental planning application documentation and other environmental projects;
- Contribution on projects manged by other teams such as licence and permit applications e.g. EPA Licences, wastewater discharge licences and waste permits;
- Preparation of environmental and planning support documents
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverables is to a consistently high standard and ensuring that all deliverables are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Project budget management
- Coordination of sub-consultants and sub-contractors contributing to projects;
- External stakeholder engagement;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Client service;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender submissions;
- Assisting in business development.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Manage and oversee projects daily, including budgets, invoicing, and delivering on client expectations;
- Oversee, guide and manage more junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements;
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project budgets) and provide regular progress reports to the Technical Director and to clients;
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations, staff resources and project deadlines;
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady workflow.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Experience working with EU and Irish environmental legislation,
- Broad range of experience at project EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of EIAr and EPA Licencing regulations.
The following will be an advantage:
- Master’s level degree
- Chartered status
- Professional membership (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland)
- Experience with existing and emerging waste treatment infrastructure and waste to energy technology
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes a very competitive remuneration package. Flexible working hours hours will be considered to accommodate the right candidate. The role can be located in either Dublin or Wexford with some remote working.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of an engaged, positive and successful team of experts with a broad range of skills and experience. We provide a collaborative, positive, enjoyable learning environment.
Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org