Enviroguide Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic, hydrogeologist to join our contaminated land team as Principal Hydrogeologist to support the continued growth of the company.
This is a full time, permanent position which can be based at our offices in either Dublin or Wexford. We also operate a hybrid work environment, supported by state-of-the-art IT systems and software management tools.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team providing professional services undertaking complex contaminated land and hydrogeology assessments in support of due diligence assessments for property acquisition and divestiture, IPPC, IED and waste licensed facilities including licence applications, surrender and compliance as well as assessment of unregulated landfill sites for private sector clients and local authorities.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management to ensure client deliverables are met
- Design and completion of hydrogeological impact assessments, contaminated land and groundwater risk assessments, flood risk assessment and dewatering assessments.
- Report writing and peer review
- Review client requirements and prepare technical proposals
- Maintain and enhance relationships with clients and contribute to winning new work including tender preparation
- Mentor junior staff
- Masters Level Degree in Hydrogeology and minimum 10+ years’ experience in a consultancy or comparable industry setting
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Hydrogeological assessment subject matter specialist
- Strong analytical skills in hydrogeological assessment, contaminated land site risk assessment
- Multi-tasker with the ability to engage and liaise with various project teams including in-house and external consultants and clients
- Proficient knowledge of Irish and EU legislation and industry standards required
- Proficient MS Office, hydrogeological software packages and GIS
- Chartered Professional accreditation with IGI, IEI or equivalent required
- Full Clean Driving Licence required
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Enviroguide Consulting provides an Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst our staff. We also support the Bike to Work Scheme.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience.
We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment. Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
The role can be located at our offices in either Dublin or Wexford, and remote working will be facilitated. We also operate a hybrid work model, supported by state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com .