Senior Ecologist Position
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our expanding ecology team, based in Dublin or Wexford. This role is a key position within a small team and will support a larger team of experienced consultants delivering projects across a wide range of sectors throughout Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing expert ecological input into a range of projects;
- Organising, programming, scheduling and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork, for a range of priority species and a wide variety of habitat types, utilising appropriate Best Practice survey techniques;
- Species survey design for proposed developments;
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety policies, including the preparation and oversight of project specific risk assessments and method statements;
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs) and drafting Biodiversity chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs);
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessment (AA) reporting fully in line with the most recent Guidance and Case Law;
- Inputting into the design of suitable mitigation measures for species and habitat;
- Supporting and advising on project proposals and quotations;
- Management of budgets and deadlines for projects;
- Liaising with other teams within a broad-based consultancy;
- Client liaison;
- Act as an expert witness if required.
A post-graduate qualification to at least MSc level (or equivalent) in an ecological (or related) discipline with a minimum of six year’s post-graduate experience working in an environmental consultancy is required. The ideal candidate will also have experience in ecological survey and assessment, preferably gained from within an environmental consultancy, and they will be a full member of CIEEM. A full driving license is required, as well as good levels of physical fitness.
How to apply
Please send a cv to HR@enviroguide.ie