Senior Environmental Specialist (Click here for Details)
Enviroguide Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Environmental Consultant to support our expanding team and cater to the continued growing demand for our services. This is a full time position which can be based in Dublin or Wexford (in accordance with COVID-19 Work Safely Protocol).
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team providing professional services in the areas of environmental impact assessments waste management, environmental compliance and planning.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical input for the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), EPA licence applications, waste management consent applications, environmental support services and other environmental projects and reports as may be assigned.
- Consultation and liaison with statutory and non-statutory bodies, local authorities, government agencies and An Bord Pleanála (ABP) on a project basis.
- Oversee, mentor and manage more junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements.
- Contribute to other projects as may be undertaken by the company such as studies, reports and policy level submissions.
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Directors of the company.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes as a minimum:
- Degree (honours level, 2:1 or higher) in environmental engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
- 7+ years’ professional experience in consulting, waste management and environmental or another similar sector.
- Demonstrable technical experience in the area of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Compliance, Waste Management and
- A detailed knowledge of Environmental and Waste Management Legislation with an understanding of Irish planning and development legislation.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written with experience in high level communications and correspondence.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to interpret environmental reports and data.
- Chartered membership of CIWM, IEMA, CIWEM or other related professional memberships desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 application software skills.
- Experience and training in the use of other relevant software packages such as AutoCAD and ArcGIS or QGIS is desirable.
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes a very competitive remuneration package which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team, and competitive annual leave entitlements.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience. We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment.
Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
The role can be based from our offices in either Dublin or Wexford, and remote working will be required in line with Covid-19 restrictions.
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com