Enviroguide Consulting is currently recruiting for an Environmental Consultant to join our expanding Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team and cater to the continued growing demand for our services. We are currently providing services to the public and private sectors including to pharmaceutical, EPA licenced, technological, property development, construction and waste industries.
This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to our clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Authoring chapters of Environmental Impact Assessments and other environmental projects (for example Strategic Environmental Assessments, EIA Screenings, Stakeholder Engagement, environmental planning application documentation);
- Input into design stage of various projects from an environmental aspect
- Liaising with project teams and attendance at project meetings when required
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverables is to a consistently high standard and ensuring that all deliverables are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Client service, delivering all work on time and to a high standard within project delivery deadlines;
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Assess the impact of proposed developments on specific aspects of the environment
- Author chapters of an EIAr as well as at least one in a specific discipline (such as climate, material assets etc.)
- Take ownership of project work from inception to completion and provide regular progress reports to the Project Manager;
- Report to the Technical Director on workflows and deliverables;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations and project deadlines;
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 1 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Experience working with EU and Irish environmental legislation,
- Experience at project EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of EIAr and EPA Licencing regulations.
The following will be an advantage:
- Professional membership (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland)
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Enviroguide Consulting provides an Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst our staff.
We also support the Bike to Work Scheme.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience. We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment.
Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
The role can be located at our offices in either Dublin or Wexford. We also operate a hybrid work model, supported by state of the art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org