Enviroguide Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic, hydrogeologist to join our Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology Team as a Hydrogeologist to support the continued growth of the company.
This is a full time, permanent position. We operate a remote work environment, supported by state-of-the-art IT systems and software management tools. The team is based all over Ireland and the UK. This role is a fully remote working position.
We are currently working with clients across a range of sectors including pharma, property development and waste management.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Desk-based studies
• Site investigation, sampling and monitoring of water, soil and waste materials.
• Logging of trial pits and boreholes and supervising drilling crews.
• Co-ordination of site investigation and monitoring programmes including management of sub-contractors (H&S, technical and contractual).
• Undertaking GQRA and DQRA for a range of greenfield and brownfield sites.
• Developing management plans for contaminated land remediation projects.
• Soil waste classification assessments.
• Preparation of technical reports and other deliverables
• Masters Level Degree in Hydrogeology and minimum 3+ years’ experience in a consultancy or comparable industry setting.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Hydrogeological assessment subject matter specialist
• Experience in both greenfield and brownfield site assessments.
• Strong analytical skills in hydrogeological assessment, contaminated land site risk assessment.
• Multi-tasker with the ability to engage and liaise with various project teams including in-house and external consultants and clients.
• Working knowledge of Irish and EU legislation and industry standards required.
• Proficient MS Office, hydrogeological software packages and GIS
• Working towards being a Chartered Professional with IGI, IEI or equivalent desirable.
• Full Clean Driving Licence required.
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Enviroguide Consulting provides an Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst our staff. We also support the Bike to Work Scheme.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience.
We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment. Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified applicants.