Principal EIAR Consultant
Enviroguide Consulting is currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Environmental Consultant to join our expanding Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team and cater to the continued growing demand for our services. We are currently providing services to the public and private sectors including to pharmaceutical, EPA licenced, technological, property development, construction and waste industries.
This role presents an opportunity for the successful candidate to join a dynamic team of environmental professionals who are specialists in their fields and who work in a collaborative, team environment to provide the highest quality services to our clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assistance with the project management of and contribution on the following projects: Environmental Impact Assessments and other environmental projects (for example Strategic Environmental Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement, EIA screenings and environmental planning application documentation);
- Input into design stage of various projects from an environmental aspect
- Liaising with Clients and other Client appointed project consultants and attendance at project meetings
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverables is to a consistently high standard and ensuring that all deliverables are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice;
- Project budget management
- Supervision of EIAR team contributors
- Coordination of sub-consultants and sub-contractors contributing to projects;
- External stakeholder engagement;
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional Client service;
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Manage and oversee projects daily, including delivering on client expectations;
- Oversee, guide and supervise more junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements;
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project budgets) and provide regular progress reports to the Technical Director and to clients;
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance;
- Prioritise projects while managing client expectations, staff resources and project deadlines;
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady workflow.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, planning or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete the role;
- A minimum of 6 years post-graduate technical experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role;
- An understanding of the Irish planning system;
- Experience working with EU and Irish environmental legislation,
- Broad range of experience at project EIAR/Planning/Construction stage;
- Comprehensive knowledge of EIAr.
The following will be an advantage:
- Master’s level degree
- Chartered status
- Professional membership (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland)
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Enviroguide Consulting provides an Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst our staff.
We also support the Bike to Work Scheme.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience. We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment.
Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
The role can be located at our offices in either Dublin, Kerry or Wexford, and remote working will be required in line with Covid-19 restrictions. We also operate a hybrid work model, supported by state of the art IT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified applicants. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com