Senior Environmental Consultant
Enviroguide Consulting is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our Environmental Compliance Team. This is a full time, permanent position which can be based at our offices in either Dublin or Wexford (in accordance with COVID-19 Work Safely Protocol). We also operate a hybrid work environment, supported by state of the art IT systems and software management tools.
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team providing professional services in the areas of environmental compliance, management systems, sustainability, waste management, environmental licencing, permitting, inspection and auditing.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide professional consultancy services to our clients in the areas of environmental performance and compliance.
- Provide technical input for the preparation of environmental consent applications (such as EPA licences, waste management permits, Article 27 By-product notifications, Construction and Operational Waste Management Plans, Construction Environmental Management Plans, trade effluent discharge licence applications) environmental support services and other environmental projects and reports as may be assigned.
- Design and audit Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental inspection and auditing (including inspecting operational facilities and completing verification audits of statutory returns).
- Oversee, mentor and manage junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements.
- Contribute to other projects as may be undertaken by the company such as studies, reportsand policy level submissions.
- Report to the Technical Director on project performance.
- Consultation and liaison with statutory and non-statutory bodies, local authorities, government agencies and An Bord Pleanála (ABP) on a project basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Directors of the company.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes as a minimum:
- Third Level Degree in environmental engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
- Approximately 6 years’ professional experience in consulting, waste management and environmental or another similar sector.
- Demonstrable technical experience in the area of Environmental Compliance, Waste Management and environmental auditing and reporting.
- A detailed knowledge of Environmental and Waste Management Legislation.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written with experience in high level communications and correspondence.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to interpret environmental reports, data and technical drawings.
- Chartered membership of CIWM, IEMA, CIWEM or other related professional memberships desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 application software skills.
What we offer
This role offers a full time, permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration package and competitive annual leave entitlements which will reflect the level of skill and experience the successful candidate brings to the team.
Enviroguide Consulting provides an Employee Assistance Programme to support and promote health and wellbeing amongst our staff.
We also support the Bike to Work Scheme.
Enviroguide Consulting is a dynamic consultancy which offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work as part of a wider engaged, positive and successful team of environmental experts of varying disciplines with a broad range of skills and experience. We provide a collaborative, positive and enjoyable learning environment.
Our team members strive to be the best at what they do with a strong emphasis on quality, accuracy, client care and project ownership. This presents an opportunity to work on a varied range of projects, broadening skills and experience all the time with an emphasis on continued professional development, training and periodic performance reviews to develop your career within the company.
The role can be located at our offices in either Dublin or Wexford, and remote working will be required in line with Covid-19 restrictions. We also operate a hybrid work model, supported by state of the artIT infrastructure and project and time management systems.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified applicants. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org